Small business and resilience
Resilience in action
We are all pivoting our small businesses online right now and shifting gears away from in-person interaction for the moment. So, please shop with us online and together we can help keep our communities resilient.
Here are some of my favorite sustainable brands offering creative solutions:
- vault and vine for floral subscriptions
- sabbatical beauty for skin care, and new line of hand sanitizer
- Cadence Restaurant, transitioned to a fine dining farm to table take out menu!
- Isabella Sparrow, for an online course on planting a kitchen garden and local delivery of plant starts.
- terra luna herbals is developing online basic apothecary and gardening courses.
- the resource exchange, is a nonprofit reuse center, diverting valuable materials from the waste stream, including many fabrics I use. Donations to them are tax deductible!
Can't shop right now? You can still help!
Here are some excellent ways to support small businesses even if you cannot shop right now. This list is cribbed from Danu Organic.
- Leave a positive review for your favorite local and small businesses so other people can find them online.
- Follow them on a social media channel and share their posts, photos, and videos with your friends and followers.
- Share blog posts they write.
- Like, comment, and use their hashtags!
- Consider long-term ways you can shift your spending from big corporations to the local economy.
- Watch their online events and plan to show up to their live events in the future.